Sunday, March 13, 2011

Still Searching for Spring

This weekend, I was scheduled to give more maple sugar tours to the public at the nature museum I work at. With all of the recent melting snow and nice weather, we were able to take the public on the full, unmodified tour into the mile long trial in the woods to the sugar bush. I gave three tours yesterday, and throughout my numerous walks along the trial and in the woods that day, I kept looking carefully for any new signs of spring since it is just around the corner! Of course, these cold nights and 40 degree days are a sign of approaching spring, as well as the melting snow and rain we have been having and the familiar sounds of returning birds from the south, but I was looking for buds on the trees and bushes. Unfortunately, there are no buds on the trees just yet, but I will keep looking until I spot the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment